Inspired by John  

Posted by DonnieSmith

Most of you know that I journal everything...Over the past several months I have had to keep a lot of my thoughts to myself. I am surrounded by people, phone calls, emails and meetings but feel very alone. I am not depressed nor do I feel unloved....It is just that with everything I am processing, my mind is busy but my words are few. My heart is full and this is my prayer.
Father, I praise You as the living Vine in heaven. And I thank You that You have made me a living branch on earth. I confess how little I have understood how great my need is for You. And I confess how little I understand that You desire to bear fruit through me to bless the world with Your love. I offer myself as an empty branch to You. Apart from You, I am lifeless, hopeless, and helpless. I ask that You fill me with Your fullness, Your life, Your love. Guide me into an ever-increasing communion with You. Lord, I cry out with my whole being, Yes, Jesus is the True Vine to me, bearing me, nourishing me, supplying me, using me, and filling me to the full to make me bring forth fruit abundantly. And, yes, I am a branch to Jesus, abiding in Him, resting on Him, waiting for Him, and living in Him. I ask for Your strength for my weakness; Your riches for my poverty; Your supply for My need. I yield myself wholly to You. I am nothing without You. I can do nothing without You. But through Your life in me, I can accomplish all Your holy will and bear much fruit. Here am I, send me! In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

(Chris) I just finished the study I have been doing in John 15. All I can say is wow...Good passage to study before you go to Turkey.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 10:20 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

It was nice to meet you and your wife. Danny and April Foster, Georgetown, TX.

January 20, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Post a Comment