Open the door  

Posted by DonnieSmith

God has been doing so much in my life over the past several years. I have been thinking a lot about what is to come. I know for sure that God has been preparing me for.... Transition----transition is so difficult..that’s why it’s transition. You are going from something that is typically known to what is unknown. For me, there is peace in knowing that God is leading me right now and has prepared a path for me to walk. Our faith is challenged in transition because we don’t know the path but still have to walk in Christ and with Christ on a daily basis.
This year is going to be full of transitions for me. To say that it isn’t or to say that life and the pace of life will “slow down” is only foolish. When we try to live our life without transitions, without the “uncontrolled” moments, we typically have a more difficult time than when we simply embrace “life happening.” Because God has been preparing me, I have the ability to hit life’s transitions head on and allow God to turn the outcomes into evidences of His glory. I am thankful for life, I am thankful for the life that God has blessed me with. I am thankful for my past, my present and my future. I feel a passion right now that I have not felt in a long time. What I feel inside right now reminds me that living and living well means to follow the convictions and passion of your heart. I am walking through a door. There is nothing about this door that makes sense. This is not the logical door but I have no doubt that this door is the door that God has ordained. I have been staring at the door for far too long. It is time, I am done staring and ready to walk through it.

As you enter the New Year let your joy, love, peace, and hope, which comes from your growing love for the Lord, permeate the very essence of who you are and where you dwell…by and in God’s grace!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 10:15 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

i have a feeling this is a good door...perhaps it will bring us...closer?

December 30, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Bro, you are in my prayers and in my thoughts. Don't be a stranger to the phone and keep in touch. I have been praying for the Smith's, one of my favorite things in life to do. My prayer is that God opens the door in such a way that man cannot close nor Satan block the way through.

January 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Good post bro...here's hoping that all these transitions are used by God to help complete the good work He's started in you!

January 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Rayden,
I read your last blog....Leave my journal alone 8>) and stop breaking into my car

January 6, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Post a Comment