Land the plane already  

Posted by DonnieSmith

I was on an airplane once that was circling the city I was suppose to land in. The pilot then gets on the PA system to speak the obvious "we are in a holding pattern." I really didn't want to hear "what" we were doing I wanted to know "why" and better yet "when" we would be out of the holding pattern and on the ground. I am really bad at playing the waiting game. I know that patience is a virtue. I know that God does some great things in us while we wait on Him. It just seems to me that God wired me to run at full speed. I move fast and I want things around me to run as fast as I do. There are lots of people in the bible that I have studied and thought "wow, that is not me at all." A person that I would consider myself to be bipolar opposite of is Zacchaeus. In Luke 19 Zacchaeus climbed a tree to wait for Jesus to pass by him. I would have never climbed a tree to wait. I don't know how to wait for things. I go crazy waiting for things. There is a good chance if I thought I was going to wait to long, I would climb a tree just to jump out head first--that is hyperbole---But you get the point. I would have pursued Jesus on the road He was walking down. I would have fought my way to the front of the line to see Him. The last thing I would have done is just sit and wait. It's not that my valor would be greater than his it is that my willingness to wait on things is just really bad. Well, as it stands today I am in the waiting game right now. I am in a holding pattern and everything seems to be moving so slow. I don't want to know "why" I just want to know "when" the plane will land. I am so ready to be unleashed---I am ready to get out of the tree.

This entry was posted on Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 9:10 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment