Restored  

Posted by DonnieSmith





Pronunciation:
\ri-ˈstȯr\
1 : give back , return 2 : to put or bring back into existence or use 3 : to bring back to or put back into a former or original state : renew 4 : to put again in possession of something
This 1947 HARLEY KNUCKLEHEAD rekindled a fire in me. When I was in St. Louis a couple of weeks ago I went to a friends house. His name is Kurt, he is an amazing man, he has an amazing family and look at what he has done. He reminded me that everything can be restored. The lesson I learned by looking at this restored 47 knucklehead would impact me a week later when I was visiting with some friends. Now, if I had seen this motorcycle sitting in an old barn I would have seen a pile of junk. When Kurt saw it, he saw what it could be---not what it was but what it could be. The idea of seeing what "can be" and then accomplishing it, inspires me. Three things come to my mind when I see what Kurt has done. 1. Nehemiah rebuilding the wall. The wall was destroyed and Nehemiah knew what it would take to restore it and then restored it. 2. My dad--seeing his life being restored. Literally watching him rebuild his life. After being crushed by my mom's passing away he has his footing back and is walking again. (I am proud of you dad) 3. The challenge I could face. ---That's all I will say about that, for now--- When I see what Kurt started with and what he has accomplished it brings inspiration and two questions I can't wait to have answered. The question's I am asking today is "What will "it" look like when "it" is restored?" and "Will God use me to restore "it"?"

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 7:45 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

kurt is pretty much the man.

November 20, 2008 at 10:19 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
November 21, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Craig...you get the very first "Buddy Ride" since you're pretty much my bud

November 23, 2008 at 4:54 PM

yes!

December 1, 2008 at 11:49 PM

That seat is pretty small Kurt....are you sure two people can fit on it? Craig will be crushed if that buddy ride was an empty promise.

December 4, 2008 at 9:03 PM

A BIG day at the Schultz house - the 1947 STARTED. After 56 years of sitting idle in a barn in Kansas she came back to life!!!

Looks like Craig gets his ride

December 15, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Post a Comment