Texas Longhorns  

Posted by DonnieSmith




So, while in Texas...I ate way too much, met some amazing people and accomplished what some said was impossible. However impossible it looked to be, I was dead set on walking on the field that is known as the home of the Texas Longhorns. We got to the stadium and we waltzed into the main Football office where I ran into several coaches and saw the national title trophies collected over the years and Ricky Williams Heisman. This was all great but the goal was to get onto the field. This was not an easy task. As I have already said some believed this to be impossible. Once we got inside the stadium we were met by locked gates and more security than I thought was possible....we made our way into the locker room area. We ran into some players and I was standing in the tunnel that the players use to enter the field on game day. It was really cool but as you can see--- we faced yet another set of locked gates. I was about to jump the fence when ((no really, I was going over))...When I saw a gate open for a golf cart to exit. Kristina and I rushed around and with a great deal of confidence and walked through the open gate as if we knew what we were doing. The "Keep Off the Grass" signs were a great suggestion but I felt in my spirit that they were just that---a suggestion. So, Kristina and I had an amazing trip to Austin that ended with a story that will no doubt be exaggerated by the time I tell it to any of you in person.

This entry was posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 at 4:20 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

We look forward to hearing the whole story in person:)

November 17, 2008 at 6:17 PM

next you're gonna be telling us that you were tossing the ball around with Colt McCoy and your camera "malfunctioned." :)

November 21, 2008 at 11:13 AM

If you want to see an impressive place drive north and visit Norman and see 7 national championship trophies and 5 Heisman winners.

January 12, 2009 at 1:04 AM

climbing the fence would have beeen more fun...lol..hope to see you guys soon...

February 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Post a Comment