Psalms of Ascent  

Posted by DonnieSmith

I was reading the Psalms of Ascent again tonight, which are the songs/prayers that the Israelites sang as they went up to Jerusalem for their pilgrimage. The final one, Psalm 134, made me think....I will soon be at the place that I will be able to stand and lift up my hands to bless the LORD. I will be able to look back at this past season of life and stand in awe of what God has done in me and through me. It says, “Behold, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, Who by night stand in the house of the LORD! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the LORD. The LORD who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!” As I begin to climb this mountain in front of me, it is and has been a pilgrimage. This is the final song that the Israelites sang as they approached the temple mound to begin their feasts. For me..change is coming----- and as I approach the end of this pilgrimage to the top of this current mountain, this is my prayer also. I am not looking for a feast, I am longing for a harvest.

This entry was posted on Friday, October 3, 2008 at 10:33 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment