Great night  

Posted by DonnieSmith

I had a great night. I took my kids to see a friend of mine in concert tonight. In the midst of everything that I have going on, it was nice to just jump in the car and go enjoy life.

About eighteen years ago I met a couple of guys that were in a Christian band. I had never heard of them but they seemed pretty cool. They were in Tulsa, OK shooting a music video. They invited me to come to a show they were doing--they said they were opening for Michael W. Smith. I had only been a Christian for a couple of years and I didn’t know who Michael W. Smith was. But, I went and thought the guys we pretty good. Over the next few years we kept in close contact and when they would come through town I would hook up with them. I watched these guys that I thought were “pretty good” become Christian music icons. About ten years ago I was in Dallas and I went to dinner with my friends and they told me that they were all going to start solo careers. They shared some of their personal struggles they were having and even though they were at the top of the food chain in the Christian music industry they felt it was time. So DC Talk parted ways. Over the past few years I have had limited contact with the guys but when they come through town we get together. Tonight we went to see Toby (AKA Toby mac). Clayton loves Toby and he thought it was very cool to get to hang out with him and just a few minutes later slide into our seats and watch him. He kept saying----we know him! As I sat back and watched the show tonight I could not help but to be proud of Toby. I am proud of who he is, not what he does. He is a Godly man that wants to see people come to know Jesus. He is incredibly successful but knows that without God, his life would be empty. I like being around people that know this truth. It was a great night with the family and good to catch up with an old friend.

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 10:39 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

name dropper ;D

February 6, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Post a Comment