Man vs Beast  

Posted by DonnieSmith

The battle is over and I won! This is a great statement and like most of Jesus' teachings there is a double meaning. The battle I will present was between me and the possum. Since we have moved to Austin, our cat food has been going fast. I knew that we had a critter and I caught the little guy in the act of eating out of our cat's dish on the back porch. I have shot it with a bb gun, hit it with a broom stick but the possum kept coming around. Well, I ended his feast by catching him in a trap cage. I loaded him up and took him out into the country to release him. I open the door to the cage and the possum just sat there. As the kids cheered the rat on to victory---they wanted to keep it---I wanted it out of my sight. Since I had to bring the cage home, I got a stick to push the thing out of the cage. It took a bit of a fight but once I got him out, he ran like Forest Gump. The kids starting crying like I had just released their pet. I picked up the cage got both of my crying kids into the car and we started driving home. The kids were sad to be leaving the animal behind. I was pumped, proud and excited about my personal victory. It was kind of like man vs beast to me. The truth is I have several things crossing my mind about this near death experience.....but I will leave you with one thought. We all face a beast---I caught mine then released it. Once you catch your beast turn it loose. It feels great to say "the battle is over and I won". Phillipians 4:13

Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

LOL. awesome!

October 13, 2009 at 6:43 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
October 13, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Post a Comment